Thursday, July 21, 2011

Exploring

I am here in Tanzania thousands of miles away from where I actually belong to. It's been a week that I have been away and not speaking Nepali. It never occurred to me that someday I would be craving to speak Nepali. It also let me wonder that the thousands of people who migrate everyday in search for better livelihood options know only one language.

Here people speak Swahili, have a loud voice and greet everyone they meet, I guess this is the part of their culture. People are very lively and friendly here in Tanzania. The perspectives and perceptions that we come with changes drastically when we get exposed to the real reality. But often times reality is blurred because we want to see them through our lens and try to see what we actually want to see.

I haven't travelled much here and can't tell you about the places to visit or to eat or drink. The Global Platform is where I am most of the time and I can't give you the details of it either except for the training hall, which sounds quite boring.

Now I am outside my room as it is only 5.00 am here and don’t want to disturb my roommates who work really hard during the entire day. It is pleasant here outside my room except for the crows and my best friends who love me very much as they come along wherever I go and the cream that I use to scare them doesn’t quite work for a long time.

As the morning light and the darkness of night is blending people are getting ready for another day and I'm getting ready for a day filled with exploration, exploring Tanzania and myself.

6 comments:

prati said...

did u mean that .. crows are ur best friends and they follow u everywhere ... ???...lol .. i seriously didnt get that part ..but nice piece anjy .. may be i sud start blogging too .. but.. annonymously..

Anjana said...

Ooo no kt I am talking abt mosquitoes :P

Anonymous said...

A beautiful description of the start of another day of magic....except for the mosquitos!!

AN ANGEL FROM UR NIGHTMARE said...

awesome !! just awesome :)

Casper said...

I love your writing Anjana! A wonderfully poetic style.
Sorry for pronouncing your name wrong for almost two weeks now :-)

Anjana said...

Thanks Casper for reading it. It's ok with my name, no worries :)