Tuesday, August 9, 2011

If I retaliate I will be characterless If I voice out I will be a slut

I wore my family's honour
and walked hurriedly
trying to be on time
got into the public transportation
where
the uncomfortable gaze follows
me everywhere
and also the lewd remarks
the strange hands
trying to touch me
the strange eyes
judging me
If I retaliate
I will be characterless
If I voice out
I will be a slut
I get down & again
known try to get
cozy & unknown gaze
the same process
continues each day
& I struggle
Amidst managing
home, children and work







5 comments:

Arjan said...

nice one....

Anjana said...

Thank you

Rij said...

oo mero poetic fren....nice subject...kya local bus ride yaad ayo ani naramra incident haru ni...good job...keep up the good work!

Nusrat said...

The situation is same everwhere but I have come to the conclusion that one should react. Don't take this lying down as it is not going to stop unless we scream ENOUGH !

Anjana said...

@Rizu: thank you for reading and commenting on it but the purpose of the poem was not to remind you of your experiences but to voice out on what we are going through

@Nusrat : Yes we should REACT and be strong enough to retaliate then only these issues can be solved